**This post contains affiliate links that I make a small commission on. All affiliate items are ones I use in this recipe and make my Hotmess Life easier….and tastier**
I have this problem of going on diets, getting rid of weight, and then getting pregnant right after. Well, during my low carb diet (which was prior to baby number 3), I came across this low carb pizza crust. Now let me tell you, I have a serious, like deep deep admiration for pizza. If you take my pizza away, I would be lost and scavenging the streets. The crust itself is called “fathead” pizza crust, and it’s made out almond flour, mozzarella, and cream cheese…that’s it. I was pretty stoked to find a pizza crust recipe that I could eat while going low carb.
After countless attempts, I was able to perfect it, and now, post baby number 4, I’ve made it even more amazing; something I didn’t think was possible. Like I’m talking weekly pizza night, because we just can’t get enough. The best part is, it’s low carb and full of deliciousness. Even though we aren’t going on a full low carb diet, per say, but my husband and I are watching our carb intake, and this works perfectly with it. If someone would have told me to try a low carb pizza before making this, I would have laughed in their face because that’s an insult to pizza lovers. Guys, I’m telling you, you HAVE to try this pizza. It will completely change how you look at pizza from now on.
Let me get your mouth watering just a bit. Imagine a garlic cheesy crust, topped with a creamy garlic white sauce, sautéed onions, grilled chicken, and delicious spinach leafs. It’s a savory piece of heaven in every bite. Serve it with a light salad, and some white wine (this is a WINE and dine post), and you have yourself one elegant, but cheap, meal. It’s perfect for those late night date nights at home while the kids are sound asleep; ok I know I know kids don’t sleep. It’s perfect for a late night date while you bribe your children with sugar and tablets so you can have alone time.
So let’s do some cooking, shall we?
The stars in the sauce
- 4-5 cloves of garlic (I’m a big fan of garlic, so I opt for more)
- A few TBS of flour (this helps make the sauce thick)
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or already grated, whichever,
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbs of butter
- Salt and pepper for taste
- A few dashes of Italian seasoning
The stars of the pizza
- 2 oz cream cheese (for crust)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella for crust plus any additional for topping
- 3/4 cup almond flour (for crust)
- 1 egg (for crust)
- Parchment paper and olive oil
- Sliced onions
- Herbed frozen chicken breast
- 2 tbs of butter
- Handful of spinach
- Asiago cheese
It’s show time
- As always the first step is putting on some tunes, and pouring some wine
- In a pot, melt butter
- Add garlic and seasonings. Stir for about 30 sec
- Place flour in pot and mix around to form almost a paste-like consistency
- Next is the cream, pour it in and stir till you get the thickness you want, then take off heat.
- Pour in the parmesan, and mix till combined and save for later
- Cook the chicken in a pan, cut it up, and save for later
- Now it’s the crust time
- In a microwave bowl, add cream cheese and mozzarella
- Microwave for 30 sec, stir then back in for 60 sec
- Once the cheese is all melted together it’s time to add the egg and the almond flour
- Mix it together, don’t be afraid to use your hands, just wet them first so they don’t stick
- Wet your hands again, and start spreading the crust onto an oiled parchment paper. You can make it as thin or thick as you want (I like thin and crunchy.
- Gently use a fork and poke holes into the crust to prevent pockets from forming
- Place into a 425 oven for around 8-9 minuets
- Grab another glass of wine and get a dancing workout in
- Sauté some onions in a pan while the crust is cooking
- Make sure to get the crust out
- Now it’s my favorite part…adding the toppings
- Spread on the creamy garlic sauce, add the cheese, add the cut up chicken breast, sautéed onions, and throw on some spinach. Sprinkle with some fresh Asiago cheese and it’s ready to go
- Cook it for another 12 minutes and you have yourself one amazing pizza
I’m telling you once you try this pizza you will be craving it every week. Go grab yourself a couple slices, grab your wine glass, and enjoy your wine and dine Wednesday
These are a few of my favorite things