Happy Fourth of July!!!!!!My husband is home from work today, so that means this mama doesn’t have to cook or clean or take care of kids by myself. WOOHOO!! So I don’t know about y’all, but on the fourth in my house we do all the grilling, listen to all the music, park it outside, drink some beer, and watch Independence Day at some point. A day like today requires some serious protein intake. I mean do you have any idea how tiring sitting around drinking beer and grilling really is? A day like today also requires red, white and blue everything, so naturally we would include it in our food. For todays wine and dine Wednesday, I give you the most patriotic eggs you will ever have, washed down with of course some delicious coffee. America, I give you All American Egg Whites.
The All Star Line up
- 12 Egg whites separated from the yolk
- 2 Tbs of butter
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- Slice of whole wheat bread
- Coffee how you like it
- Patriotic music….Born in the USA, American Pie, you get the picture
- Red and blue food coloring
Star Spangled Recipe
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. There should be four whites divided between 3 bowls.
- Put enough red and blue drops into two different bowls, till you get the color you desire.
- Melt a little butter into a pan, and scramble the egg whites in batches till all three colors are American flag ready.
- Toast up a piece of whole wheat toast, or white toast, or multigrain, pretty much any bread you want.
- Pour yourself some Cafe Americano, and have a firework worthy breakfast.
There you have friends, the perfect Fourth of July breakfast, to kick start your celebrations. So take on the day, go see some fireworks, grill a bunch of shit, drink some beer, watch some movies, kiss a lot, and have some good ole fun with your motley crew. From my hotmess to yours, Happy Fourth of July!